Friday, February 26, 2010

Timing

Tuesday night Daniel went grocery shopping for me.  I was sick and didn't get a chance to go to the store, but we needed a few things for that nights dinner.  I was in the kitchen when he came back and he handed me a big bouquet of flowers.  It was a beautiful arrangement of daisies (my favorite) and a few other flowers.  My heart melted, my eyes got a little watery and I gave him a big hug.  Next to the big hug, his favorite part of giving me the flowers was the huge smile that was on my face. 

I was talking to him about the flowers today and I told him that if he had brought me the flowers two weeks ago for Valentine's day, I would have loved them but I wouldn't have felt as excited (or surprised) by them.  I would have felt like he bought me flowers because society dictated that he should give them to me that day.  But getting them "just because" makes me feel really appreciated. 

Timing is everything. 

2 comments:

  1. I am with you - I don't like flowers on the "you're supposed to" days. But surprises for "just because" reasons are the best. :)

    ReplyDelete