Saturday, February 6, 2010

Memories

Today Daniel helped me get most of the baby stuff out of the garage.  My main intention was to go through all of the baby boy clothes and organize them  better.  My other goal was to see what baby supplies I had and what I needed to get.

What I didn’t anticipate was spending the afternoon crying.  I would pick up a cute little outfit that the boys wore hold it tight and start crying.  I am blaming it on pregnancy hormones.

It amazes me how quickly I can recall little moments or pictures of the boys wearing certain outfits.  Especially the ones they came home from the hospital in, and ones that they wore on special occasions like birthdays and the day Mark learned to walk.  I loved sitting there and thinking about the times when the boys were small enough to wear these clothes.

I just can’t believe how big my baby boys are now.

Daniel came into the room to see how things were going, and I felt rather silly to be crying.  He wasn’t quite sure what to do for me, but he didn’t tease me.  He brought me a drink of water and let me do my thing. 

I was able to find a few outfits that aren’t gender specific (and I loved saving them for our girl to wear because I remember the boys wearing them).  I  had a box of girl clothes that I have purchased over the years that I went through.  Some of the outfits aren’t the right size for the time of year (a few ‘baby’s first Christmas’ outfits bought at 90% off) but most of them will work!

I found my old Cabbage Patch Doll, Peggy.  I found my Strawberry Shortcake dolls.  I would have looked at them closer, but even after all of these years, they still stink, er I mean smell fruity so I had to put them back.  I kind of had plans to display the dolls on the bookshelf or dresser, but I may have to rethink that!
 
Today was kind of fun.  I love all of the memories that came flooding back to me as I organized all of the clothes and baby supplies.

2 comments:

  1. That was sweet. It's such an emotional time when the reality of our growing kids SLAP us in the face. I want to see those cute clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love going down memory lane. I hope you enjoyed it. I know that the smell of things when pregnant can really make things seem not good. but keep in mind that you are bring in a great baby girl in to the world. congrats.

    ReplyDelete