Yesterday was crazy busy and somehow I had the energy required to keep up with it all. Daniel was at his brother's house for Game Day (guys version of Girl's Night Out) and he was gone all day long. Friday night he went to dinner and a movie with his brothers and I was asleep when he got home. He left before I woke up, so I didn't see him until he got home late Saturday night.
I finished painting my front door. It took 4 coats of paint to cover and I think that I have some touch up to do later. While I was painting the door, Mark painted his boat for the Cub Scout Rain gutter Regatta. Paul and Seth were feeling left out, so they found some boxes to paint. I was a bit nervous letting the boys paint unsupervised, but I knew that the paint would come off of the table top easily, so I let them do their thing.
After we finished our painting projects, we went to the Jordan Water Conservatory Park to check out the new expansion. I loved looking at all of the plants and dreaming of how I could use them in my yard.
I spent an hour pulling weeds from the back yard. My garbage can is stuffed full of weeds.

After lunch, the boys were crazy wild and I was going insane trying to keep them from hurting each other while playing rough. I decided to take them to Day Break (a huge housing development) and check out their playgrounds. We discovered the lake there and had a blast playing in the sand and the water. I believe that this is a man-made lake. The boys called it the beach and they played and had a blast.
Of all of the days for Seth to wear pants, this was not the ideal day. The weather was warm (80 degrees) but pants aren't great for playing in the water. I tried rolling his pants up, but it wasn't working. Then, I remembered that he was wearing boxer-briefs, so I had him take his pants off and play. I love boxer-briefs! The water was really cold, but it was a great afternoon!
I'd love to take the boys to a real beach. The lake is fun, but it is missing the rolling waves and the seashells.
We got home and took showers. Then we watched the first Harry Potter movie. Mark just finished reading the book, so he really enjoyed the movie.
After dinner we went outside to play. I spent another hour pulling weeds from the front yard. I don't know what we are going to do with our regular trash this week, because our garbage can is full.
I got the kids to bed and cleaned the kitchen. Seth fell asleep quickly. We were all exhausted. I was exhausted, but loved having enough energy to do it.
Update: I completely over-extended myself and it has taken me several days to recuperate from the adventurous day!
What a fun, busy day! I have not been to the lake yet! I guess I need to take a day off of house work and venture over there!
ReplyDelete