Monday, June 29, 2009

You're here because you're family.

Friday night my family came over to my house for dinner. The original plan was to meet at Olive Garden, but my sister, Kim, and I decided that it would be easier to meet at my house. Not everyone came, but we still had 12 people.

I made a silly sign for the front door. It said,"Willes Garden You're here because you're family." If we had gone to the Olive Garden they would have said "When you're here, you're family." I haven't been in a creative mood lately, so when I thought about doing it, I decided to go for it because I wasn't sure when the creative mood would strike again!

It was good to visit with my siblings and parents. We don't get together very often without our kids. It was a nice change.

All in all it was a good evening. Next time, though, I think that we won't make so much food. After we had the artichoke dip, soup, salad and bread sticks, we weren't very hungry for the "Tour of Italy" or the cheesecake.

I attempted a dairy-free cheesecake. It was gross. The flavor was awesome, but the texture was like eating really sweet, but somewhat dry cottage cheese. I'll have to play with it.


By the way, a neighbor kid brought Paul's scooter back on Saturday. The kid has a blue scooter and thought that it was his. So, hurray! Now I don't feel quite so guilty that I haven't fixed his bike yet! Anyone know how to fix a chain on a bike? I need to move the tire back a bit to tighten the chain, and my attempts have been futile.

No comments:

Post a Comment