Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wax Museum

The 3rd graders at our school put on a Wax Museum to demonstrate the people they studied during their biography unit. Mark decided to read about Harry Houdini. He enjoyed reading about the stunts that were performed. After making a poster about their person, they dress up like their person and pose as though they are a wax figurine. I really thought that this was a dumb project, but supported him through the work that was required. I was pleasantly surprised to see how cool it was when I went to the school and saw 100 kids lined up trying their best to be still. It was really fun to see how the kids interpreted their characters.

When Mark was trying to decide what to wear, I showed him this picture and told him to wear this:

He was so embarrassed, he turned red and said that he wasn't sure if he would be allowed to break the school dress code like that. Instead, he went for something safe. Here he is posing next to Amelia Airheart and Helen Keller.

No comments:

Post a Comment