Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Cutting Edge

Or more appropriately titled: cutting the edge of the lawn

I was sick of the way the yard looked next door (it is vacant) so I took our lawn mower over and started hacking down the weeds. I had just started when Jane, my neighbor, said that if I cut the perimeter, she would bring her riding lawn mower over and do the rest. Thank you Jane! Wow! That was so nice! Having 1/3 acre lots means having too much lawn to mow. I am seriously considering looking into a riding lawn mower because I think that Daniel will be more likely to get the mowing done (and they boys will vie for opportunities to use it, too!)

I haven’t used a lawnmower for a while, and my wrists are not loving me for using one. I think that I really messed something up. God bless Jane for mowing the rest because I don’t think that I would be able to type if I had finished the front yard. It is sore to type, but not painful.

Today someone came to look at the house next door. Her name is Erin. She has two kids ages 5 and 2. She is very interested in the house. We talked for a while outside. Her little girl needed to use the bathroom, and since the water is turned off at the house for sale, they came over to my house. My house wasn’t filthy, but it wasn’t tidy. I just wasn’t expecting company, so the house showed it. I was embarrassed, but I guess that she got a real taste of who she would be living next to!

I’ve been working on my digital scrap booking this week. I took a long break and I am enjoying getting back into it. I plan to get caught up with the boy’s pictures and give them their books for Christmas. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment