Thursday, May 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Mark!




Mark turned 9 years old today. I am still a bit shocked that he is 9. The past few months I have really struggled getting along with him. Last week I decided to genuinely complement him at least one time a day. I have done well with this challenge and it has helped me to look for the positive instead of nagging him about what is bugging me. This really has helped my relationship with him. I am grateful for the improved relationship and I have been having a lot more fun being Mark's mom!

After school today we went and picked up Mieren and Alys (Mark's cousins) and they went to Mulligans for a round of miniature golf. Dinner was at Arctic Circle. Instead of a birthday cake, Mark wanted a birthday shake from Arctic Circle. Easy enough for me! Unfortunately I was feeling really tired, so I stayed home and Super Dad took the kids.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Mark! I can't believe that he is NINE either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea...I have a child I need to complement too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder on trying to find ways to love that "one child" who gets on your nerves faster than the rest. I have to work on this every single day, but if it brings me a better relationship with that particular child of God, it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man I can't believe it either...

    ReplyDelete