Saturday, May 2, 2009

Sing a Song

Our family has a habit of singing well known songs with made up lyrics. Sometimes the tune is made up as well. Daniel’s favorite songs to change lyrics to are Primary songs. I had to make him stop when I realized that the boys were singing their dad’s version at church. Since I was the song leader, I had to make them stop.
A while back we went shopping and Paul wanted to try boxer-briefs instead of his tighty whitey ensemble. Seth wanted some after he saw Paul’s cool undies, so he got some. The other day I was walking down the hallway and I could hear Seth singing a song. It sounded a bit like “The Candy Man” from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. The lyrics, however, were quite different. He was singing “The Boxer-Brief Man”. Those were the only lyrics so he repeated the term over and over. Now I have the silly term stuck in my head. I’ve even called Seth Boxer Brief Man and he responded. It’s a good thing that they don’t sing The Candy Man at church!

No comments:

Post a Comment