Thursday, May 21, 2009

Wanted: Green Thumb

I do not have a green thumb. I can't seem to keep anything alive. Well, I have been able to keep the succulents alive that we bought two years ago, but really how much attention does a cactus need?

The fact that I do not have a green thumb is revisited every Mother's Day. I seem to get one type of plant or another and I always kill it off before the month is through.

Seth gave me some potted flowers from preschool. They don't look so pretty anymore.

Paul planted seeds at school and brought home a plant that seemed ready to flower. I don't think that I will ever see the flowers. I feel badly that the flowers are dying/dead.

Mark gave me some bath salts that he made at school. I don't use scented items, but I thanked him profusely and told him that I had just ran out of bath salts. I discretely threw them out after displaying them in my bathroom for him to see.

I can't just throw out the pretty flowers because they are supposed to be around for a while.

I guess that I'm just not a delicate flower kind of mom. I am a succulent kind of mom. Thank goodness I know where to find flowering cacti.

No comments:

Post a Comment