Monday, June 29, 2009

Seth's world

I have been working with Seth to write the letter 'e' the correct way. We sat down together and he would trace the letters that I wrote. Then I told him to practice writing it on his own.

He started making the letter e with dotted lines like his preschool teacher use to do. After he made the lines, he would trace the lines to make his letter. I realized that he has figured out the right way to form the letter if he is able to make the letter in a dotted line first. What a fun kid!



Today Seth and Paul were washing their hands together in the bathroom. Daniel and I heard Seth say "Paul is a genius!" Then he poked his head out of the bathroom and asked "Dad, what is a genius?"


Seth has a little wooden dowel that is about 1 foot long and has one edge that is cut on a 45 degree angle. I have no idea where he got this stick. He has had so much fun with it using it as his magic wand.

He will raise the wand up, then circle it in the air and say, "Magic a dabra, I turn you into a frog". I haven't bothered to tell him that the term is abracadabra because I think that his version is too cute.


On Father's Day, I had the boys sign a card for Daniel. He signed the card like this: Seth tdot
If you ask him how to spell his name he will say "S E T H spacebar T D O T"
I love my little Tdot!

1 comment:

  1. What a modern kid! And I love it: Paul's a genius; what's a genius? Giggles -- Janet

    ReplyDelete