Sunday, December 6, 2009

The First Week of December



We have started our Christmas countdown activities and I have thoroughly enjoyed it! I got all of the boxes labeled with numbers and under the tree just in time for the boys to come home from school on Tuesday. Each night we take turns opening one of the boxes and doing the activity in the box.
These are the activities we have done so far:
1. Decorate the tree (the boys decided where to put the ornaments)
2. Display the nativity set (it is the Little People Nativity from Fisher Price).
3. Book: The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. We are reading one chapter a night.
4. Gift: Notebooks and stacking crayons. The boys colored while Daniel read.
5. Snowflakes.
6. Make new ornaments for the tree.













We have already had to switch numbers around on the gifts because of time restraints. I keep a master list of what is in each box so that I can switch things around to allow the evening to run more smoothly.

Daniel isn't one to throw out compliments unless he truly means them. Last night he lavished me with praise at how wonderful he thinks the countdown is. He feels that it is allowing us to give the boys a lot of attention and excitement without spending a lot of money. We are able to give a lot of ourselves and spend time together as a family. I am truly loving this tradition!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's a great idea too. Maybe next year I will start it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea! I think I am going to do it for the "12 days of Christmas"! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete