Monday, December 14, 2009

There Was a Crooked Man ....

This weekend we got a good snowfall.  The snow was really wet, which makes for perfect snowballs and other such fun.  However, it makes it really heavy and difficult to shovel. 

We have hired the boys to shovel the driveway and sidewalk this year.  Mark started shoveling but gave up claiming that it was too heavy.  (He was tired from a sleep-over).  Seth went out there and started shoveling the sidewalk.  We are on a corner lot, so the sidewalk is a long job.  He shoveled away and finished without a complaint. 

This morning as I was driving out of our neighborhood, I saw Seth's shoveling job.  It made me smile.  He did a great job! Here is what I saw:


His meandering path reminds me of the poem that is about the crooked man who walked a crooked mile.  This is what the crooked path leading up to his house would look like! 

Paul played outside for quite a while by himself.  He made a snow fort that he was quite proud of.
This picture makes it quite obvious that we didn't get all of the leaves raked this year!  I love that my boys enjoy playing in the snow!  I get cold too easily to really enjoy it, but I certainly enjoy watching my kids play in it! 

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea to hire your own crew! I can't wait until my boys a just a bit bigger so they can REALLY help. They try, but doesn't do much yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad our meandering path matches your meandering path

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I love Seth's path, and the photo updates are great. Keep up the good work, and take care.

    ReplyDelete