
There was a box with one little puppy left. The last puppy looking for a home. Seth saw that little puppy and just melted. "Please mom?" "I love this puppy"
It was a cute little beagle. The guy at the counter said that they were indeed free. Seth was just so cute with it. I caved and said yes!
I am not a huge dog fan, but Seth promised that he would take care of it all by himself.
We thanked the man at the counter as he took the 'free puppies' sign off of the box. He seemed relieved to be done. We were excited. I helped Seth take the plastic wrap off of the puppy and he began to play with it. We love Snoopy at our house and this one was from MetLife. Seth sure is a lucky kid!

This took place at the lobby of the new hospital. Seth's pediatrician has an office there and we were going for his 5 year check up. He got the rest of his shots and is now officially ready for kindergarten.
The doctor told me that Seth was in the 90th percentile for his height. I said that Seth must hang out around tall friends because he is the shortest of all of the kids his age. The doctor then looked at the paper again and said that he was actually in the 9th percentile. That makes a bit of a difference!
This next picture is for the benefit of my dear friend Jennifer Watford. When we were living in Georgia, she gave Paul one of Dalton's old coats. Well, Paul has outgrown it and...

...now it fits Seth! I can hardly believe that Seth is the age that Paul was when we moved away. I love it when they wear that coat. I feel connected to the Watfords even though we are so far away from each other.
Love the story about the new puppy. You almost had me convinced....almost. :)
ReplyDeleteWhew! I about died when I thought you got a puppy while pregnant! I was very relieved to see Snoopy! Funny:-)
ReplyDeleteI'm also glad you questioned the doctor about the %90. Otherwise you might have been very worried the next time you brought him in and he had dropped to the %10. :-)
Seeing Seth looking like Paul as I remember "made me cry a little". I don't know if you recall, one day I told Mark to get some gloves and a hat because it was so cold outside. He ran home and you looked but couldn't find any, but he frustrated you "needing some gloves and a hat". He came back to Randy and me and said, "my mom got mad and yelled at me....it made me cry a little". We use his little phrase probably once a day....I love it and I love you! Thanks for your love and friendship and the memories! We miss you!
ReplyDelete