I was able to relax for a while, but I guess after having two previous miscarriages, I am just more aware of how little control I have with how things turn out. Then my friend Jenni announced that she was pregnant and then miscarried. It got me worried all over again. Thankfully, I have started to feel the baby moving around, so that has helped alleviate my fears.
My uterus is about the size of a large grapefruit right now. I really am not showing yet, which means that the grapefruit is taking up precious real estate. My pelvic bone and the surrounding area is feeling A LOT of pressure, making standing quite painful. Walking is okay, but standing still just hurts. This happened when I was pregnant with Paul, too- I just don't remember it hurting so soon. I have been sitting on a stool in the kitchen while cooking dinner. It is quite awkward, but sitting is much more comfortable. Sitting feels better than standing, but laying down offers the most relief. I have a feeling that this will get much worse before it will get better.
Being uncomfortable has been playing games with my mental well being. I have been really discouraged, but had very little energy to do things that normally pull me out of my 'funk'. (Typically shopping and going out and about)
Fortunately, I have had a few things to help me.
I am working on a quilt for Larissa's baby girl. I bought the material and got it pieced together a week or so ago. Now I am quilting it. I tried to keep it simple, but I had to add more to make it cuter, so it will be another week to work on it. Working on this quilt keeps me excited about finding out the gender of my baby. We are nearing the 20 week point, so we'll know in January.
I'm also excited to finish quilting the quilt because my friend, Madeleine, will come down and help me bind it. It is fun to just sit, sew and talk. I'll post pictures of the quilt when it is finished.
There is something else that has been keeping my spirits high lately, and that is the cute antics of my resident 5 year old. Seth and I have been having a lot of fun teasing each other lately. He is good to let me rest when I need it. He is such a fun kid to be with. We get teasing each other and laughing so much that Daniel comes out of his office to see what is going on.
I am so grateful for Seth. His inquisitiveness has been in full swing this week. He just wanted to know what would happen if he used those scissors on his hair. It got him into quite a pickle, but it also provided me with quite a few smiles and good, deep belly laughs.
He was quite upset when I told him that I had to shave his head. He didn't want to be "bald", but I had no other choice. I used the #1 attachment on the clippers and you can still see where he cut his hair. Daniel is such a good sport- he told Seth that he would shave his head too, so they could be twins. I'll post a picture of my bald man over the weekend.
I shaved Seth's head first. After I cut his hair, I used the vacuum to clean up. Seth wanted to help clean, so he used the vacuum and played around with it. He was so inquisitive and so innocent that I couldn't help but enjoy watching him. Here are a few of the pictures I took of him playing with the vacuum.
Look Mom! No hands!
I was so surprised that he didn't get a good hickey on his forehead from this one!
Seth, thank you for being such a joy to be around. You really don't understand how much it means to me!





I love love love the ones of the vacuum stuck on his forehead! What a cutie!
ReplyDeleteHe's actually quite handsome, even without hair! And I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable. I remember that too. Just do what you can and remember as the baby gets bigger it will also move up and out of the 'inside' of your body and start showing more on the 'outside'. Hopefully that will provide more relief.
ReplyDelete