Saturday, December 12, 2009

Gluttony

Last night I tried a recipe for gluten free calzones.  I have been hesitant to try new dough recipes because nearly every one I have tried has been rather gross.  I have tried several store bought mixes and I've tried making several of my own.  When trying to knead some of the doughs, it has been like trying to knead mashed potatoes.

Anyhow, this recipe from Gluten-Free Homemaker  was AWESOME!  The dough was easy to work with and it didn't taste rubbery or just plain gross.  Mark, Paul and Seth wanted one of my calzones instead of the pizza that Daniel made!  I put tomato sauce, sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms and spinach in them.  They were yummy!  So yummy that I ate 2 and I wanted another one.

I resisted eating another one because I made mini-cinnamon rolls with the last 3 calzone circles (about 7 inches in diameter).  They were only 1 inch tall and 1 inch in diameter.  I wanted to try those!

I love cinnamon rolls!  I have tried to make cinnamon rolls over the last year and ALL of my attempts have been disappointing.  These didn't disappoint and I became a gluttonous person.  I ate and ate and ate and ate and ate and ate.  I ate over half of the cinnamon rolls.  The boys had 2 each, Daniel had 1 and I finished off the batch!

I was stuffed!  I seriously cannot remember the last time that I ate so much that I felt stuffed.  It is a good thing that I didn't have to crawl through Rabbit's hole to get out of the kitchen, because I would have been stuck there.  I would be blogging for all of you to come over and try to pull me out!  Seriously, my tummy was big! 

I'm not necessarily proud of my behavior, but I am proud of The Gluten-Free Homemaker for sharing a recipe that I like!

Next time I will show more self-control.  (I think that I will just half the recipe!)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sherron! Thanks for the info on the PG tests. I knew somebody would know. And, no I don't need one, I just thought it was funny. You should talk to Shauna Gustaffson about gluten free stuff. She is just starting on that path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gluttony doesn't count when you're pregnant! It makes your cute tummy bigger! Thanks for your advice about my exhaustion. I think I have landed on anxiety being the cause. I will post about it soon.

    By the way, I tagged you.

    ReplyDelete