Mark has been great with giving out unintended insults lately. Here are two examples:
Paul had his wax museum at school. They pick a person to study and then dress up like that person for the parents to see. He was Paul Revere.
During dinner we were talking about Paul's wax museum. I asked a few questions about who they were allowed to choose, and what character was his favorite, etc. He said that he could pick any person, so he could have chosen Dad. Mark then said, "Ya, you can pick anyone, even if they aren't important." Ouch!
Example two:
Mark asked me what I wanted Jane to look like. I was in a silly mood and I jokingly said that I hope that she is ugly. Mark immediately said "You hope that she looks like you?" Double ouch! He laughed when he realized how the timing with his comment could be misinterpreted. We both had a good laugh!
And just for the record: I hope that Jane is beautiful!
Kids say the funniest things sometimes. They can definitely be a little too honest at times! Glad you could all laugh it off. I'm sure it was unintentional. And I have no doubt that Jane will be beautiful, ESPECIALLY if she takes after her mom!!!:)
ReplyDelete