Friday, May 7, 2010

Little Things That Mean A Lot

I have to admit that I am really nervous to welcome a new baby into our home.  Really nervous.  I am two weeks away from my due date and I am not in a hurry to deliver this baby.  The last few days I have seriously thought that I would consider just staying pregnant forever.  (I know that I can't, I know that I don't really want to, but I am comfortable with status quo right now)

Seth and I spent the morning together.  We went to Lowes to look at window shades.  Then we spent a good amount of time looking through the kitchen models.   Seth loves to explore all of the different cupboards, drawers and under the counter microwaves, refrigerators and the sort.  I had a blast exploring with him.  In each different area he would choose where each family member could store their own snacks. 

After we were done exploring, we went to the car wash.  He sat in the passenger seat and was having a lot of fun.  Man, Seth is just adorable.  I had so much fun with him!  I pulled the huge "sucking snakes" (vacuums at the car wash) and cleaned the inside of the van.  Seth used a rag to wipe down the inside while I vacuumed. 

We then went to Cafe Rio and had lunch.  We shared a steak salad.  I had a few refills on their ice.  I LOVE their ice!  I really enjoyed time I spent with Seth today.  He is such a delightful kid! 

I got a card in the mail today from my mother-in-law.  It was totally out of the blue.  The card said "You know what?   You're doing great!"  She then wrote a short, encouraging note and I totally appreciated it.  It was just one of those little things that mean a lot.  This was just like an unexpected bouquet of flowers.  It totally made my day!  

Mom, thank you so much!  I love you!

2 comments:

  1. It's a good thing to spend some one on one fun time with Seth. It will be hard to do when Jane is here. I bet Seth won't mind sharing with Jane though. My doctor says all doctors should give women who need it a shot of estrogen during delivery. It helps with those baby blues. He says NO ONE should have to go through baby blues. I just wish I would have had him deliver all of my babies! I got the shot during my hysterectomy. It was so wonderful! I wish I could get it again right now. So ask your doctor and if they say yes take that off of your worry list. It will save you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that you can get pebbled ice in the butcher block at Macey's? Just thought I'd let you know. It cost the same as buying a regular bag of ice.
    Best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy and I hope everything goes smoothly for you. Can't wait to meet little Jane. I love the quilt you made her. So cute.

    ReplyDelete