Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Walking Time Bomb

I am going crazy right now. 
I am afraid to plan anything because the baby could come any time now.
Or, she could come sometime next week.
My due date is this Saturday. 
I am anxious to have my baby.
Apparently others are anxious too. 
These other anxious people are driving me insane.
I am sick of the phone calls to see if I have had the baby.
I am sick of the phone calls to 'check in on me' or 'to see how I'm doing'.
Those phone calls are thin disguises for the 'have you had the baby yet' calls.
I am sick of people stopping by to see if I have had the baby.
Good grief!  I will let people know when I have the baby. 
I promise. 
I will not be calling people from the hospital.
I do not want visitors at the hospital.
I need time to recuperate from the delivery and to have time alone with my baby.
I will not want visitors the day I come home from the hospital or for the first week.
Entertaining guests while exhausted, sore and engorged causes a lot of anxiety for me.
I will post on my blog about the birth of my baby in a timely manner, but please don't expect it to be posted the day of her birth because it won't happen.

Golly wasn't that a happy little vent?  I just had to get it out.  

7 comments:

  1. I am super happy that all I did was say let me know via blog! Good for me knowing my sis-in-law so well that by giving you space I am showing you love and respect:) Good luck when the big day arrives. I will look forward to seeing you cute pink thing a week later:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you had the baby yet? (Sorry, that just slipped out!) Don't worry, just put a sign on your door that says, "swine flu" and nobody will come over. Hang in there, I hope the delivery goes smoothly and everyone is healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think there is a mother out there who doesn't feel your pain right now! It's good to know what you want and even better to express it! I think everyone is just so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I didn't go with my gut and stop by today!!!;) I hope you're doing ok (but I won't ask...lol). Can't wait for her to come so we can see what all of this pink is about at your house! Good luck girl! I'll be thinking of you from now...until you post on your blog (unless you want to call me:)). Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I think you should text me! HAHA just kidding!! I love your guts and I will wait patiently for your mommy to call and tell us but until then Just ignore your phone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. But maybe you could call your Mother...she needs a call, maybe check in with her. Or even call Dad to see how he is. Or even your kid sister! Ya know, friendly family talk, it's allowed even when your busy with baby stuff. (since everyone is afraid to call you-and we are sooooo excited for Jane to come!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh Sherron, I love ya! Just put a pink piece of paper on you back door ;) can't wait to see her! PLEASE let me know if you need ANYTHING! Good luck with everything. And PS, I'd avoid church, I HATED those last couple weeks of church, everyone coming up and saying "you haven't had that baby yet"? Ya think? Let's point out the obvious Einstein. I'd want to just smack them upside the head! Whoa, a little vent there, sorry.
    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete