Last week I posted about being addicted to nose spray. I had purchased a new bottle and put the (nearly empty) old one in the hospital bag. The new one was a maximum strength and it was too strong for me. I started needed a 'fix' twice a day instead of just at night. So, I decided to go off of the Afrin.
I knew that I needed to be able to breath, so I used the old bottle in only one nostril while I let the other nostril be plugged up and go through it's rebound. I am proud to say that I haven't used nose spray for 5 days now!
In other news, I am not sure what to think about this pregnancy anymore. I have never made it to my due date and now I am one day over the due date with this one. Daniel's brother has taken our boys already, so the house has been quite (and has stayed clean!) over the weekend. I have been very tired (sleeping 12+ hours a day) and EXTREMELY emotional, so it is probably a good thing that they haven't been around to catch my ire. I have been crying a lot the last few days. It is crazy.
I posted a while ago that I could just be pregnant for ever and that I was okay with status quo. I TAKE IT BACK! I am ready to begin this new stage of my life. I have to admit that I am rather jealous that my neighbor who shared the same due date with me had her baby 1 1/2 weeks ago. I wanted that to be me.
Last night Daniel and I went out to dinner at Ruby Tuesdays. I had the BBQ ribs and loved them! I made ribs earlier this week too! They are so good! We had a good laugh when I dropped my forkful of baked potato and it went down my shirt. Luckily it didn't get stuck in my bra, so I was able to get it out without too much effort.
I know that the post I wrote titled "Walking Time Bomb" was written when I had very raw emotions. I am not sorry for writing it as this blog is my journal, but I am sorry if it offended any of you. I am grateful to be pregnant and I am grateful that people care about me. I could have expressed my desires and expectations of others long before this time, but I'm still not sure that it would have made much difference. Now I have people afraid of me and that was not the intention of the post. What was my intention? It was two fold.
First: To say that if you only want to call me to talk about my pregnancy, the baby, or how to contact you when I have the baby, I don't really want to talk. But if you want to call and talk about other things, please feel free. However, I have turned the ringer off of my phone, so I am only checking my messages every other day or so.
Second: I am asking for privacy after the baby is born. Since I don't know how I will be feeling or how my emotions will be, I need to have people wait until I am ready to come and visit and see Jane. I might be ready the day I come home from the hospital, but it might not be for a few more days. It all depends on how the delivery goes. Please be patient with me. If you are anxious to see Jane, just think about how anxious Daniel and I must be!
Hopefully we will have a bundle of pink to admire soon!
oH honey I am sorry your over I will keep my fingers crossed she kicks it in high gear to get here! RUBY TUESDAYS is my favorite place to luckily we have to drive to get there so I don't go very often! I crave it all the time though! I am very very glad you are afrin free its safer that way! LOVE YOU!!!! PS don't worry about offending people you deserve to say what you want!
ReplyDeleteWhy are you apologizing? Anyone who has had a baby knows how you feel about needing privacy and recovery time. Plus alone/bonding time with the newest member of your family. It's your baby, your body, and your family. You are cute. Just don't answer the door/phone, and people will get the msg! We are praying for you in our household, that all will be well and healthy. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI feel bad for that last comment, so I apologize. I was talking to Mom the other day and she mentioned that she tried calling you twice and then you put up that blog about being bothered.-so I was a little defensive over my Mommy. But I know now what you meant by it. I'm hoping you feel fabulous after labor! You deserve a great recovery. Be strong in spirit and mind. I love you!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with everything!!! P.S. Do your toes need refreshing??? If so, email me!
ReplyDelete