Today we went to the park as a family to go sledding. I love having a park within walking distance! It is a great area for sledding as it has a lot of hills, but they aren’t too steep. Grace Payne and her family came along with us.
Daniel was so good to help Seth and Jacob have a good time by helping them up the hill. I feel so lucky to be married to such a great man!
We were at the park for about an hour. Mark and Taylor stayed a little bit longer and Paul went home with Emily. Seth wanted to play with Jacob, so he came to our house. Soon, Mark and Taylor came home and Paul and Emily came to our house. All six of them played so well together! They played downstairs while I put the Christmas tree and decorations away upstairs. It was a beautiful arrangement!
After the friends went home, we got dinner put together and then had some eggnog (it isn’t my favorite- so I wasn’t sad to miss out on it- the boys LOVE eggnog). Then the boys took their bath with glow sticks. The sticks are water proof and when you turn out the lights in the bathroom, it makes the tub glow with the color of the stick. It is actually quite a bit of fun. Kind of a kid’s version of a candle lit bath.
That was our special New Year’s Eve celebration.
I was tucking Paul into bed and I told him that he didn’t have to practice the piano or do his chores for the rest of the year. He got really excited, but a bit confused. I told him that he would have to do them next year and then he caught on to the fact that he didn’t have much left of this year and he laughed!
This year has had it’s share of challenges, but overall, it has been a good year. Farewell 2009.
Thanks for the glow stick idea! Santa brought some in the boys' stockings, so we will have to try that one out soon! Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteOur family went sledding the other day at that park. We were going to go to Butterfield Canyon, but it was closed. Kim told me about the park by you-and it was perfect. Klayre went down three times but didn't love it. I considered calling you, but didn't, we were only there for about 20 min. Glad you guys had a great New Years! I told Klayre while tucking her into bed that this was the last hug and kiss she'll get this year. She screamed "NOOOO!" So I told her not to worry, I'll be in next year to hug and kiss her-she didn't like that either, my humor is not appreciated sometimes!
ReplyDelete