Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Daniel Was Right



We had our ultrasound today.  I am completely amazed at the technology that is available right now.  Since the hospital we went to is brand new, the equipment is the best that is available right now.  Daniel and I were able to see the baby swallowing and the bladder filling with amniotic fluid.  I watched with amazement as we saw the heart chambers pumping the blood through my baby's body.  I have always loved watching the heart during the ultrasounds.   We saw the kidneys, the stomach, the brain and the spine.  We counted 10 little fingers and 10 little toes. We saw the umbilical cord and watched as the machine showed the blood flow around the cord and around the heart.  It was amazing!  Absolutely beautiful!

I had to ask for a tissue a few times because I was crying.  I loved seeing my little baby.  I have cried during all of my ultrasounds.  (I've thought that maybe it is because I have to pee so badly, but this time the technician got a few images that needed the full bladder, then he excused me to use the bathroom, so I know that I wasn't just 'leaking' out of my eyes!) 

I love seeing the miracle of life living inside of me.   I love seeing the cute little fingers, the feet, the heart and the little face. 

I was super anxious to find out the gender of the baby.  I have been counting down the days.  I wanted Christmas to be over with because I knew that the ultrasound was the next week.   I was super afraid that I wanted a girl too much.  I mean, I had to be honest with myself that it could be a boy.  I was afraid that I would be disappointed (for a while) if it was.  Then, at the same time, I'd be relieved to have a boy because I know how to deal with boys and boy stuff.  Super anxious was an understatement. 

Baby was being very cooperative, so there was no problem with crossed legs as I had feared.  We are having a girl!  Daniel was right!  He 'knew' that it was a girl.  I really wanted a girl, but I was too afraid to make any specific plans without 'proof'.  The technician looked  from two angles and was certain that he couldn't see any external plumbing and that he was looking at the girl parts.  Now I can plan the nursery and go shopping for material to make a girl quilt.  Oh!  And I get to go shopping for girl baby clothes!  I am super excited! 

9 comments:

  1. I am so freaking excited for you!!! That is the second exciting piece of news I got today!! I LOVE IT!!! Thank you so so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OGH MY GOSH!!! CONGRATULATIONS! I AM SO CALLING YOU...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sooooo happy for you guys! I would have been happy to get another nephew, but thrilled to have a niece! And there are five tubs of baby girl clothes dying for a temporary home!(until I have another girl at least!) A Taylor girl-finally! Love, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. What exciting news! I know after having 2 boys, how much I want a girl one day...so I can't imagine after having 3 boys what that must be like. Have LOTS of fun shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girls are wonderful! Congrats! How come the Dads always "know" what the sex is going to be? Post pictures of all the new pink/purple/frilly girl stuff you get! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! How fun for all your boys to have a little sister! I'm glad 'Daniel was right'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you have wanted a girl for a while. I am so happy for you. Now no one can 'pick' on the baby because it is a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how did I miss this post?!?!? I was reading your blog and noticed the ultra sound picture on the side! Then I searched for a post about it and found this one!

    Sorry this is a little late, but here is my reaction...YAAAAAAAAA!!!! I can't wait to see her! She will be so beautiful. I am going to start planning your pink shower this very day...start getting your invite list ready:-)

    ReplyDelete