- Hot Tamales: I bought a big bag at Costco and it was gone in two weeks (of course I had assistance in eating them, as it is an addiction that my family shares) Hopefully the bag I bought last Monday will last until the baby comes.
- Tater Tots: mmmmm, I love tater tots! I even had them for breakfast this week!
- Ice: I have been making snow cones in my blender all weekend (and once again sharing with the family) I only had grape and lemonade punch mix, so we will be heading to the store to buy new flavors for this week. (To make snow cone syrup I use 1 cup sugar, 3/4-1 cup water and 1 envelope Kool-Aid)
- Chocolate: okay this one isn't pregnancy related, but I've been eating a lot of chocolate lately. I have become kind of a snob about what kind of chocolate I will eat, too. My choices are rather limited with trying to find dairy-free chocolate. Some brands I will use if I melt and mix it with something else, but other brands I save to eat just plain (or with a spoonful of peanut butter) because they are smooth and have a better taste to them.
- Rolaids: I only like the Fresh Mint flavor. These babies have been hard to get a hold of as many local stores have been sold out. Pretty sad when I find myself doing a run to see if any of the stores nearby have restocked.
- Afrin: Yes, nose spray. When I am pregnant, I have a stuffy nose the entire time. I have tried using nasal washes and moisture sprays, but when it is the middle of the night and I can't breath, I reach for my Afrin. The label says to use it no more than 3 days. But I don't think that they mean it because each little bottle has a good 6-8 weeks worth of goods in it. I realized that I was addicted when I went to the store to buy a bottle to keep in my hospital bag. Daniel thinks that this is hilarious. I am anxious to be done with this problem. (UPDATE: I completely understand why I shouldn't take nose spray for more than the recommended 3 days. I have weaned myself from it several times through out the pregnancy and wind up using it again a few weeks later. I understand that using it more creates more problems and stuffiness, thus perpetuating the need for it. I only use it one time a day, and that is right before going to bed. I know what it is like to go off of it and I am just not prepared to do it while in this stage of the pregnancy. After the baby my blood volume will decrease, thus putting less pressure on my blood vessels and I will be able to go off of the nose spray more easily.)
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Addicted
I realized this week that I have several addictions that I think are pregnancy related. My addictions are:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
soo afrin is very addictive which is why you are only supposed to used it for a few days in a row and you can be come immune to it can make a cronic problem if I remember right, That is what the doctor said when my dad was using it!
ReplyDeleteHa ha, great post! It's interesting the things that change about us while we're pregnant. I mean, we're still the same person, aren't we? It's funny! :)
ReplyDeleteWith afrin, if you use it more than recommended, you actually will rebound after you stop and your stuffy nose will be even worse. Maybe ask about a RX nasal spray for allergies to see if that will help get you past the rebound stage, but you may just have to suffer through or keep using the Afrin. Good luck with this next week. Hope she comes in a timely manner for you.
ReplyDeleteI am getting excited to meet baby Jane. Be sure to call us! We do have a gift for her. We had babies Saturday night. It made me think of you:)
ReplyDeleteYay, snow cones!
ReplyDelete